Wednesday 23 January 2013

Immy: "It's more a personal achievement rather than a significant one"

Hello there everyone!

I wanted to share something that means quite a lot to me personally. The quote for this post I have been saying actually to the people who I've been talking to about this particular news. As a person I'm quite private about the things that I do as I do worry how people will think (deep down) and I hate anything to backfire so I've kept things quiet till I at least know it's going to be successful - sadly I can't blame it on my hearing (haha) but only my self-esteem, but I feel this is a thing to be proud of at the moment.

For anyone who has been following this blog and read the posts that myself and Eleanor have been posting you'll have realised that we have been doing some film reviews as a side-line to our deaf problems (It's a little passion of ours as we LOVE the cinema!).
I did a review recently on The Hobbit - The Unexpected Journey (click here to read it) and it had quite a few hits on it for us, which I was very pleased about. (thank you for reading if you have!) And, I have this online Celebrity Gossip & Lifestyle Magazine that I read called 'Female First' - which I always read from, love everything on it and I follow it all the while (It's the inner girly blogger that's obsessed with it!) and they were asking for film reviews - so I spoke to Eleanor about it saying I was tempted to send one in.. and she told me to do it (pretty much as blunt as that!), so I nervously email the woman that we're suppose to send them to and did the finale of clicking 'send' - which was quite scary. I almost felt like a laughing stock by just doing it, (yes, I don't know either!) so, I just avoided my emails in the hope that the internet had actually lost it and pretended it didn't send, but it did.
However, I'm so glad I did, (well till the moment it said '1 unread inbox message: Lucy Walton. R.E: Movie Review - Imogene Reynolds.') but I read the short and very pleasant email that the lady sent back after nervously sending my review! Here was the email:

The Email does actually end with the postcode and the link to the Female First website. But that's not the point, the point is SHE ACTUALLY EMAILED ME BACK ON MY REVIEW. Yes, every time I think of it, it makes me want to cry. I don't even mind if she was being sarcastic - but, I'm just so pleased I took Eleanor's shove and done something which has pushed me further, and left me feeling pleased with myself! Also, I was thinking, " I do have more, many more reviews!" but I don't think i'm going to bombard the woman just yet with my crazy sense of happiness. I think it's happiness in the sense that, because I follow the Magazine and look at posts daily (and follow them on Twitter - (yup, i'm no stalker!!) that it probably would meanmore to me personally than anyone else. I don't expect anyone else to understand nor, really care - but I really do. And it does prove if you jump in and do something you don't feel comfortable with - it could be the best thing you ever do!

(Now my mother is encouraging me to go to University to do Creative Writing - Haha! Got to love her! ;))








No comments:

Post a Comment