Thursday 31 January 2013

Immy: Hearing Aids - Part 2

So I went to the Hospital on Tuesday for my eyes (boo, but yay also as there was nothing wrong!). And, whilst I was there I thought I may as well get some batteries and tubes, since I was hanging around waiting for my lift. I went to the front desk - as we previously know not to go to Audiology anymore for these things! AND I took my red book, just to dodge any volunteers who refuse to give me any batteries, just because of a booklet.
Thank heavens I had my sister with me (as I couldn't see due to eye drops) who could see the batteries the lady gave me, and notice that they were the right ones. I took the ones in my handbag to my sister so that she could check and the lady looked confused, so I explained they were the ones that I purchased (the ones from boots - in the other passage) and she was surprised and asked where you get them and how much. I told her that they were £3.59 and she actually gasped and covered her mouth, which seemed a little dramatic    but she said that she never expected them to be so much. (but, really, a normal packet of AA batteries are just as much, if not more!) I gave her an overview of the story about how I wasn't able to get them and she said that you can get batteries from Audiology at anytime, despite the volunteers desk being closed!
I was never told that you could, but I suppose the only reason I really knew of that was because there was a nice woman who spent the time to take an interest in what I was asking. Also, she gave me 4 packets of batteries! (despite the lady next to her telling her that she should only give out two - but she completely disregarded it (YES!))
I also went to Audiology to get some tubes (as they don't have these at volunteer desk! good idea they had there, cos I then had to go to Audiology anyway!) and found out that the service at the local doctors is back, but only for 1 day a month, and only for 2 hours - still that can be a massive inconvenience but, at least there is a actual chance to receive some batteries!
So I am fairly pleased that my services have resumed - but again, I had to go digging! But, at least I know now.

1 comment:

  1. This must have been quite an experience for you! Thankfully, your sister was there with you. Also, it's a bonus that the day ended well - you got the tube and the batteries you needed! Must have been a relief!

    Albert Becker @ Zounds Hearing Aids

    ReplyDelete